Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bugzuki Bugzuki is offline

Default Use of Word on a laptop with dual screens while docked.

I have a laptop that I dock at the office. I have a large monitor that I use
as the primary display, then I use the laptop monitor as the secondary
display. When I am away from the desk I obviously only use the laptop screen.
The problem is that if I used word last on the secondary display it continues
to go to the secondary display when in single screen mode. Is there a way to
correct this functionality.

I like the fact that it always goes to the second screen when I am in dual
mode, but I would like it to go to the primary screen when in single screen
mode.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Bugzuki

Bugzuki wrote:
I have a laptop that I dock at the office. I have a large monitor that I use
as the primary display, then I use the laptop monitor as the secondary
display. When I am away from the desk I obviously only use the laptop screen.
The problem is that if I used word last on the secondary display it continues
to go to the secondary display when in single screen mode. Is there a way to
correct this functionality.

I like the fact that it always goes to the second screen when I am in dual
mode, but I would like it to go to the primary screen when in single screen
mode.

this is probably more of a driver/setup issue outside of Word. [Test
with a different Office and non-Office application to make sure.] The
solution (if any) might lie in the Fn key handling somewhere.

0.2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |