Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LALAEDHUSTEAD LALAEDHUSTEAD is offline

Default IS IT POSSIBLE TO ALPHBETICALY ALINE A WORD DOCUMENT

can a word document having names be alphbeticaly listed
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word versions through 2003, the command you want is Table | Sort. Any
paragraph text can be sorted; it doesn't have to be in a table.

"LALAEDHUSTEAD" wrote in message
can a word document having names be alphbeticaly listed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I have to admit that threw me off at first (way back when). It makes more
sense where Word 2007 has that function located now (even though I had
trouble finding it at first).

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
In Word versions through 2003, the command you want is Table | Sort. Any
paragraph text can be sorted; it doesn't have to be in a table.

"LALAEDHUSTEAD" wrote in message
can a word document having names be alphbeticaly listed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There were a lot of menu items that were somewhat illogically placed in
earlier versions of Word, and one can appreciate the intense analysis of
function that went into creating the Ribbon and its tabs. I suspect, though,
that sorting is probably used more in tables than anywhere else in Word, so
the placement does make some sense. At least it was better than adding one
more item to the "junk drawer" (Tools menu).