a9

Default Restart numbering

I have a table where there is numbering in the third column. Each new cell
in that column has to start from number 1. Is it possible to restart
automatically without having to open Format | Numbering, etc. I recorded a
macro but still have to press the icon on the toolbar each time or the
numbering is continued from the previous row.

TIA
hkbs

Clearly I'm misunderstanding something. If each cell in the column starts
with 1, then you have 1 in every cell? Are you saying that you have more
than 1 number in each cell? If so, you probably need to be using more than
one cell/row. In any case, you may need a dummy restart style. See
http://www.syntagma.demon.co.uk/FAQs...artMethods.htm

"a9" wrote in message
I have a table where there is numbering in the third column. Each new cell
in that column has to start from number 1. Is it possible to restart
automatically without having to open Format | Numbering, etc. I recorded a
macro but still have to press the icon on the toolbar each time or the
numbering is continued from the previous row.

TIA
hkbs

a9

Sorry, Suzanne.
Yes, I have a numbered list within each cell of the third column of my
table. I need each cell to start with number 1. To complicate matters, I
also have something like:

1
2
3
(arrow bullet)

4 etc

I recorded a macro of the "reset numbering" and placed an icon on my
toolbar. This is still a bit of a pain as every now and then the whole
list - several pages long - reverts to a continuous list!

I would appreciate your help. In the meantime, I will have a look at the
link.

Thanks
hkbs

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Clearly I'm misunderstanding something. If each cell in the column starts
with 1, then you have 1 in every cell? Are you saying that you have more
than 1 number in each cell? If so, you probably need to be using more than
one cell/row. In any case, you may need a dummy restart style. See
http://www.syntagma.demon.co.uk/FAQs...artMethods.htm

so
all may benefit.

"a9" wrote in message
I have a table where there is numbering in the third column. Each new

cell
in that column has to start from number 1. Is it possible to restart
automatically without having to open Format | Numbering, etc. I recorded

macro but still have to press the icon on the toolbar each time or the
numbering is continued from the previous row.

TIA
hkbs

Klaus Linke

Hi hkbs,

In that case, Margaret Aldis' "dummy restart style" should work for you, if
you can apply an unnumbered dummy restart style in column one or two.
http://www.syntagma.demon.co.uk/FAQs...tFromStyle.htm

The bulleted style can be part of the outline numbering, too.

Regards,
Klaus

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Clearly I'm misunderstanding something. If each cell in the column
starts with 1, then you have 1 in every cell? Are you saying that you
have more than 1 number in each cell? If so, you probably need to
be using more than one cell/row. In any case, you may need a dummy
restart style. See
http://www.syntagma.demon.co.uk/FAQs...artMethods.htm

newsgroup so all may benefit.