Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
SV SV is offline

Default Can't See Upper/Lower Margins

Greetings,
Using Word 2003 in Windows XP and must have toggled a setting.

When I open Word, I don't see the upper and lower margins. I do see the
left and right. This happens whether I open word using the shortcut or open
a word document to open word.
If I select to view my header/footer, then the margins appear and even when
I close the header/footer bar, they remain.
Zooming in or out has no effect.
Print Preview shows the margin areas, but on closing, they still don't show
on the main screen.

I'm set to:
View - Print Layout
Zoom - Page Width
Margins - Top/Bottom: 1.00" Left/Right: 0.5"
Gutter Position - Left
Layout - Portrait
Header/Footer - Both 0.5" from edge
Width/Height - 8.5" × 11.0"
I have my rulers set ON, so I can see the little grayed-out section where
margins are. The top ruler shows 0-7.5" with the 0.5" grayed out areas on
each side. The side ruler shows 0-9" with no grayed out areas.

It's not a super-duper big deal, just an annoyance, particularly since it
only recently started. I figure I must have toggled a setting.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Shane

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
SV SV is offline

Suzanne,
Thanks! Yup, I remember seeing that little cursor thing a few times and
must have clicked while trying to drag down a vertical frame thing or some
such.

Much appreciated!

Shane

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message