Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Babzoid Babzoid is offline

Default why won't the bottom border display in page borders?

No matter what I do, the bottom border in Page Borders will not display in
Print Preview, nor will it print. It isn't the margins or text causing the
problem - even when I try to put a border around a completely blank page - I
still get the same result. Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...sDontPrint.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 16:56:01 -0800, Babzoid
wrote:

No matter what I do, the bottom border in Page Borders will not display in
Print Preview, nor will it print. It isn't the margins or text causing the
problem - even when I try to put a border around a completely blank page - I
still get the same result. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
4footer 4footer is offline

Hey, Babzoid;
Boy am I with you!!! Given that, apparently the standard letter size paper
is 21.6 cm by 28.2 cm and that I simply asked for a page border why does it
tell me that it is "beyond the printing margins"?? Everything is at the
defaults. The ONLY way I've found to get the bottom line to print is to go
to "Page set-up" and in the "paper" section, reduce the height size way down.
This is still unacceptable as it give a bottom border MORE than 1.5 cm from
the bottom of the sheet while all the rest are less than that and it looks
stupid. I have spent ALL day trying to improve on this and just can't win.
ANYBODY out there who can help??

"Babzoid" wrote:

No matter what I do, the bottom border in Page Borders will not display in
Print Preview, nor will it print. It isn't the margins or text causing the
problem - even when I try to put a border around a completely blank page - I
still get the same result. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It's a limitation of the printer that you are using. Not really anything to
do with Word, which just does what it can, taking into account the
limitations of the printer.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Babzoid" wrote:

No matter what I do, the bottom border in Page Borders will not display
in
Print Preview, nor will it print. It isn't the margins or text causing
the
problem - even when I try to put a border around a completely blank
page - I
still get the same result. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
4footer 4footer is offline

Ok, Doug, thanks. Would there be any way to increase the distance from the
paper's edge of the other three border lines so that they are all even?
Although this leaves me with less "working space" in my document, at least it
would be more balanced and not appear so obvious.