aplarsen aplarsen is offline
Junior Member

Default Stapling mail merge (not the usual question)

Like many, I have a job that requires me to staple documents that came from a mail merge. I found the following macro that will print each section as a separate job, so that is working correctly. The VB is simple enough, so it makes sense what it is doing.

Dim i As Long
For i = 1 To ActiveDocument.Sections.Count - 1
ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="s" & i, To:="s" & i
Next i

My problem is this: each job needs a 4-digit user ID sent to the printer in order for the job to go through. Is there a way to pass that to the printer so I don't have to manually type it into the dialog box 400 times? All I have to do is type XXXX [enter].

Admittedly, typing the ID 400 times is faster than stapling 400 times, but I'd still like this to be automatic if possible.

It does boggle my mind that Word 2010 can't tell a printer to staple each section of a job separately, seeing how automation of letters is what this feature is designed to do.