Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dig

Default Barcodes

Is there any easy way to print barcodes in Word? I have downloaded some
barcode fonts and was wondering if there is a way that I can make a label to
use as a barcode with company name and then barcode and print serialized
numbers?

If so how would I get it to print serialized numbers?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod

Hi Dig,

At the most basic level, you install the barcode font, then select the range
you want to barcode in your Word document and apply the barcode font to it.

However, some barcode schemes (eg code 128) require the data to be encoded
in a particular way, whilst applications that use some barcodes might
require leading/trailing delimiters (eg asterisks) to be included in the
barcode.

Cheers

"Dig" wrote in message
Is there any easy way to print barcodes in Word? I have downloaded some
barcode fonts and was wondering if there is a way that I can make a label

use as a barcode with company name and then barcode and print serialized
numbers?

If so how would I get it to print serialized numbers?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Why dont you use Barcode ActiveX Control? You don't need to worry about
the checksum
and leading/trailing character.

EaseBarcodeActiveX Control only cost $129, it can support most barcode
symbologies.

For more information come he

http://www.easesoft.net

Cheers

Eric White

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
barcodewiz

Dig,

I think the best way to accomplsh this is to create serialized numbers
in Excel, and then use Mail Merge in Word to create barcode labels.
Please have a look at BarCodeWiz Barcode ActiveX Control, which comes
with a Sequential Number Generator in Excel, and ability to create mail
merge barcodes in Word.

If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Alek Szymanski
http://www.barcodewiz.com

How can i put postal barcodes on letters? Kevin Jacobs Mailmerge 1 December 27th 05 08:51 PM
How can delivery point barcodes be put on multiple labels Chesterboy1 Microsoft Word Help 1 October 18th 05 06:10 PM
How do you create barcodes in word documents. have Word 2003.. Mike - Word/barcodes 2003 Microsoft Word Help 2 May 26th 05 07:03 PM
barcodes Dennis Microsoft Word Help 2 December 15th 04 03:31 PM
Non- POSTNET barcodes in Word LMD Microsoft Word Help 2 December 12th 04 12:17 AM