Gianluca

Default Word 2000 to 2003: Header missing

I am facing a strange problem: a doc created originally in Word 97 and
reworked in Word 2000, when now being opened through Word 2003 is not showing
header anymore (I tried visualizing header and footer by double arrows click,
printing, showing original, final, final showing markup,...).
Indeed the header is still ok (viewed and printed correctly) by usining Word
2000.
Any idea?
Gianluca

Gianluca

Thanks a lot Suzanne,
indeed I had tried it but, it is not working. It really seems that the
header has been lost when opening the document in Word2003. No way to display
it or to print (while the footer is ok). I am using XP and I tried now to
install the Office 2003 SP1, but still no results.
E.g. I can even select "View header/footer" and I can write something in the
...newly blank.. header and save it as 2003 (but clearly loosing all the
original header info).
I am right now forced to use another pc with Word 2000 still installed,
because a I have many of such old docs and I did not find any alternative
solution.
Thanks anyway,
Gianluca

"Gianluca" wrote in message
I am facing a strange problem: a doc created originally in Word 97 and
reworked in Word 2000, when now being opened through Word 2003 is not

showing
header anymore (I tried visualizing header and footer by double arrows

click,
printing, showing original, final, final showing markup,...).
Indeed the header is still ok (viewed and printed correctly) by usining

Word
2000.
Any idea?
Gianluca

In that case the document is probably corrupt. Try using the Open and Repair
option in the File Open dialog. If that doesn't help, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Gianluca" wrote in message
I am facing a strange problem: a doc created originally in Word 97 and
reworked in Word 2000, when now being opened through Word 2003 is not

showing
header anymore (I tried visualizing header and footer by double arrows

click,
printing, showing original, final, final showing markup,...).
Indeed the header is still ok (viewed and printed correctly) by

usining
Word
2000.
Any idea?
Gianluca

Gianluca

Great!!! It works! Thank you very much!

Indeed the file was corrupted (apparently a corrupted Normal.dot in Word98
generated all the corrupted doc files, but the problem [Header disappeared]
has become then visible only when "simply" opening the file by Word2003,
while all the files were and are still appearing as ok when using
Word98/2000).

Thank you again and sorry for the late feedback.
Gianluca