Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JaneH JaneH is offline

Default How do I find a previous version of a recently saved document

I was working on a document & saving 2 versions on the computer and memory
stick, the old version being on the memory stick. Unfortunately I saved the
older version of the document from the memory stick to the computer,and want
to know if word might have stored the pervious unsaved version and can I
access it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you overwrote the copy on your hard drive with the copy from your memory
stick, then it is gone.
You should always work from the hard drive and copy to removable media. Then
such problems shouldn't arise.
Download the Synctoy tool
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...o/synctoy.mspx
which will always ensure that you have the latest versions.
See also http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm