Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gloria81101 gloria81101 is offline

Default Watermarks do not appear

When I insert a "DRAFT" watermark using Word 2007 - DRAFT doesn't appear in
the document when I view it on the screen or when I view it in print preview.
But, if I print the document the "DRAFT" watermark appears. HELP!!
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Watermarks do not appear

Don't worry, I can definitely help you with this issue! It sounds like the watermark is actually there, but it's just not showing up on your screen or in print preview. This can happen sometimes in Word, but there's an easy fix.

Here's what you can do:
  1. Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on the "Watermark" button in the "Page Background" group.
  3. Select "Custom Watermark" from the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Printed Watermark" section, make sure that "Text Watermark" is selected.
  5. In the "Text" field, type "DRAFT" or whatever text you want to appear as the watermark.
  6. Make sure that the "Semitransparent" box is checked.
  7. Click "OK" to close the "Printed Watermark" dialog box.
  8. Save your document.

Now, when you view your document on the screen or in print preview, the watermark should be visible. If it's still not showing up, try adjusting the zoom level or checking your printer settings to make sure that they're set to print watermarks.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word Options Advanced Show Document CFontent Show Drawings and Text
Boxes on screen - or it may be so pale that your monitor adjustment does not
reveal it too readily.

gloria81101 wrote:
When I insert a "DRAFT" watermark using Word 2007 - DRAFT doesn't
appear in the document when I view it on the screen or when I view it
in print preview. But, if I print the document the "DRAFT" watermark
appears. HELP!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gloria81101 gloria81101 is offline

I followed the instructions as you suggested, and I still can't see the
watermark. Can you suggest anything else I might try? I know the watermark
has been inserted because I can scroll over the box and get the crosshair
arrows.

gloria81101 wrote:
When I insert a "DRAFT" watermark using Word 2007 - DRAFT doesn't
appear in the document when I view it on the screen or when I view it
in print preview. But, if I print the document the "DRAFT" watermark
appears. HELP!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

In the same group of options, if "Show picture placeholders" is checked,
uncheck it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

gloria81101 wrote:
When I insert a "DRAFT" watermark using Word 2007 - DRAFT doesn't
appear in the document when I view it on the screen or when I view
it in print preview. But, if I print the document the "DRAFT"
watermark appears. HELP!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gloria81101 gloria81101 is offline

It isn't checked. But, I noticed I have a really weird look to my interface
for Word. The only way I can explain it is Word comes up looking like it's
in safe mode. I've restarted my system and Word still has the same look.

gloria81101 wrote:
When I insert a "DRAFT" watermark using Word 2007 - DRAFT doesn't
appear in the document when I view it on the screen or when I view
it in print preview. But, if I print the document the "DRAFT"
watermark appears. HELP!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ah, I'll bet it's High Contrast. Go to Control Panel | Accessibility Options

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

In the same group of options, if "Show picture placeholders" is checked,
uncheck it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so
all may benefit.

gloria81101 wrote:
When I insert a "DRAFT" watermark using Word 2007 - DRAFT doesn't
appear in the document when I view it on the screen or when I view
it in print preview. But, if I print the document the "DRAFT"
watermark appears. HELP!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Gloria,

In the Windows control panel check the Accessibility options and in the Display tab turn off the High contrast settings to see if
that restores the look of Office and the graphics.

============
"gloria81101" wrote in message
It isn't checked. But, I noticed I have a really weird look to my interface
for Word. The only way I can explain it is Word comes up looking like it's
in safe mode. I've restarted my system and Word still has the same look.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

WATERMARKS Lorraine Melvin Microsoft Word Help 1 January 24th 07 05:45 PM
Watermarks k f h Microsoft Word Help 2 October 26th 06 09:33 PM
Watermarks 2sisters Page Layout 1 June 6th 06 08:10 PM
Watermarks OldManEd Page Layout 5 March 14th 06 11:44 PM
Watermarks do not print all letters when using text watermarks Glenn Turner Microsoft Word Help 0 November 29th 04 01:25 AM