Sandy Marketing

Default Deleting a box in an org chart

I am in Word 2000. When I try to delete a box in my org chart, the entire
chart disappears! The help key mentions "MS org chart object" but I cannot
find this function. Please help!
Carol

Try clicking in the box that you want to delete and then on the toolbar click
on select and branch and then hit your delete key. I hope this is helpful to
you.

"Sandy Marketing" wrote:

I am in Word 2000. When I try to delete a box in my org chart, the entire
chart disappears! The help key mentions "MS org chart object" but I cannot
find this function. Please help!

Sandy Marketing

I went to the toolbar, but I do not see "select" or "branch".

"Sandy Marketing" wrote:

I am in Word 2000. When I try to delete a box in my org chart, the entire
chart disappears! The help key mentions "MS org chart object" but I cannot
find this function. Please help!

Carol

Sandy:

The Organization Chart toolbar has a button that is called Select with a
down arrow where you can select Branch. Alternatively, click on the branch
that you want to delete and position your cursor on the hashmarks around it
and right click and select delete. Please let me know if this helps you.

"Sandy Marketing" wrote:

I am in Word 2000. When I try to delete a box in my org chart, the entire
chart disappears! The help key mentions "MS org chart object" but I cannot
find this function. Please help!

garfield-n-odie

Double-click on the org chart to open it, click on the unwanted
box, and press the Delete key to delete it.

Sandy Marketing wrote:

I am in Word 2000. When I try to delete a box in my org chart, the entire
chart disappears! The help key mentions "MS org chart object" but I cannot
find this function. Please help!

Sandy Marketing

Since chatting with Carol, I went back to look at the document, which was
originally prepared by someone else and emailed to me to edit for our uses.
Turns out it appears to have been "drawn" box by box, then cut and pasted
into a Word doc. I have also realized I do not have the microsoft org
feature on my Word 2000. I went to the "help" section and now I need to find
out from my IT people how my software was installed in order to get this
microsoft org installed on my toolbar. So I guess now the question is: How
and where do I get Microsoft org chart for my toolbar?

Sandy Marketing wrote:

I am in Word 2000. When I try to delete a box in my org chart, the entire
chart disappears! The help key mentions "MS org chart object" but I cannot
find this function. Please help!

garfield-n-odie

Microsoft Organization Chart 2.0 should be on your Office 2000
CD. If the feature is not already installed, you can add it to
your existing installation as described in
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224691 .

But if someone drew the organization chart instead of using the
Org Chart 2.0 feature, then the Org Chart 2.0 applet won't help
you edit the drawing.

Sandy Marketing wrote:

I am in Word 2000. When I try to delete a box in my org chart, the entire
chart disappears! The help key mentions "MS org chart object" but I cannot
find this function. Please help!

mcleanross mcleanross is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfield-n-odie View Post

Sandy Marketing wrote:

I am in Word 2000. When I try to delete a box in my org chart, the entire
chart disappears! The help key mentions "MS org chart object" but I cannot
find this function. Please help!
I'm also having this problem with Word 2010.
cookie clicker
Elizabeth55 Elizabeth55 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Marketing View Post
I am in Word 2000. When I try to delete a box in my org chart, the entire
chart disappears! The help key mentions "MS org chart object" but I cannot
find this function. Please help!
To resize or delete a specific box, deactivate AutoLayout in the Organization Chart toolbar's Layout option. I hope this was helpful. Let us know if it worked!

https://www.aswpoznan.eu/

odobatyy odobatyy is offline
Junior Member

People are only happy when they have two things: a smile and a drift boss partner that creates that smile.