Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
amee amee is offline

Default How to delete Microsoft Office from computer completely

All of my Microsoft office programs are not working. In Word I can't even
type onto a blank page. It will not allow me to change a document, save a
new document as all of the buttons to "Save As", etc. This is the same for
Excel and for Microsoft Outlook. In Outlook I cannot reply to any emails as
the reply button is the light grey instead of being black so I can use it.
All the other buttons to save or copy are the same.

I tried wiping Office from my computer by deleting it and then did a
reinstall but when it came back all my previous documents were in there so I
know it did not wipe and the problems are still there.

How do you WIPE Office so you can do a reinstall of it?

Thank you,

Ame
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Maybe you have a trial version of Office 2003 or 2007, and the trial
period has ended. Or maybe you have not activated your Office software.

What happens if you start Word 2003 and click on Help | Activate
Product, or if you start Word 2007 and click on Office Button | Word
Options | Resources | Activate? If you are already activated, a dialog
box saying so will appear. If you are not activated, the Activation
Wizard will start. If you have an expired trial version, a dialog box
will prompt you to enter a valid product key or convert (purchase a key)
online.

If you have an expired trial version, then you cannot reinstall the free
trial software to extend the free trial period.

amee wrote:

All of my Microsoft office programs are not working. In Word I can't even
type onto a blank page. It will not allow me to change a document, save a
new document as all of the buttons to "Save As", etc. This is the same for
Excel and for Microsoft Outlook. In Outlook I cannot reply to any emails as
the reply button is the light grey instead of being black so I can use it.
All the other buttons to save or copy are the same.

I tried wiping Office from my computer by deleting it and then did a
reinstall but when it came back all my previous documents were in there so I
know it did not wipe and the problems are still there.

How do you WIPE Office so you can do a reinstall of it?

Thank you,

Ame

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It sounds as though you have been using a trial version (2007?) of Office
maybe supplied with a new PC or downloaded from Microsoft and now that trial
has expired. You will not be able to re-install a trial and get it to work
again - that's the whole point of the trial. You test it for a few weeks
then if you like it you buy it, if you don't you unistall it.

As others have indicated uninstalling does not remove your documents or
Office's configuration files or registry entries so that if you do
re-install your preferences are retained.

amee wrote:
All of my Microsoft office programs are not working. In Word I can't
even type onto a blank page. It will not allow me to change a
document, save a new document as all of the buttons to "Save As",
etc. This is the same for Excel and for Microsoft Outlook. In
Outlook I cannot reply to any emails as the reply button is the light
grey instead of being black so I can use it. All the other buttons to
save or copy are the same.

I tried wiping Office from my computer by deleting it and then did a
reinstall but when it came back all my previous documents were in
there so I know it did not wipe and the problems are still there.

How do you WIPE Office so you can do a reinstall of it?

Thank you,

Ame

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
K. Thompson K. Thompson is offline

So Graham, in my case it is a used computer that the previous owner must have
tried a trial version of Office 2007 does that mean I cannot download and use
my own trial version of it now as the new owner?

amee wrote:
All of my Microsoft office programs are not working. In Word I can't
even type onto a blank page. It will not allow me to change a
document, save a new document as all of the buttons to "Save As",
etc. This is the same for Excel and for Microsoft Outlook. In
Outlook I cannot reply to any emails as the reply button is the light
grey instead of being black so I can use it. All the other buttons to
save or copy are the same.

I tried wiping Office from my computer by deleting it and then did a
reinstall but when it came back all my previous documents were in
there so I know it did not wipe and the problems are still there.

How do you WIPE Office so you can do a reinstall of it?

Thank you,

Ame

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I would suspect that the information required to install the trial is stored
in the registry, so reformatting the PC and re-installing Windows should
allow it to be installed. Whether reformatting will also allow it to be
activated on that PC again I cannot say.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

It sounds as though you have been using a trial version (2007?) of Office
maybe supplied with a new PC or downloaded from Microsoft and now that
trial
has expired. You will not be able to re-install a trial and get it to
work
again - that's the whole point of the trial. You test it for a few weeks
then if you like it you buy it, if you don't you unistall it.

As others have indicated uninstalling does not remove your documents or
Office's configuration files or registry entries so that if you do
re-install your preferences are retained.

My web site
www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org