Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ASPEN39 ASPEN39 is offline

Default Blank space on page

I have a very long documemt that consists of a title center on the page and a
description the title formatted with regular text following the title. I use
this format throughout the document. On some pages there is a wide skip
between the title and the text. There are no carriage returns. I have been
able to correct some of the problems by back spacing or putting carriage
returns to roll to the next page. The only codes revealed is a square dot
outside the left margin beside the title and the first line of the text. If
I can backspace and remove the square dot it will sometimes correct. Other
times it puts the square dot back when I retype. It seems to be associated
with a graphic that I have inserted.
--
aspen39
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The square dot indicates that the paragraph is formatted as "Keep with
next," "Keep lines together," etc. (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.ht) The likelihood is
that you have "Automatic headings" and/or "Define styles based on your
formatting" enabled in AutoFormat As You Type, and Word is converting the
first paragraph into a heading. Heading styles have 3 pts Spacing After.

http://word.mvps.org