Jackie D

Default Upgrading to Word 2003

Hi

I run Word 2000 and I am about to install Word 2003 (as part of Office
2003). But I have a couple of questions and would appreciate anyone's advice.

Will still be able to open and read and retain formatting from a Word 2000
document when I open it in 2003?

Conversely, if I create a doc in 2003 will I be able to read it without
difficulty on my laptop which still runs Office 2000?

Will I have any trouble using 2000 & 2003 on different computers like this?

Will my 2000 Word templates still be intact in Word 2003? Or do I need to
save them and copy them into 2003?

I've read on this newsgroup that there is a conflict between 2003 and
Acrobat Reader 7 which affects the normal.dot. How do I resolve this? By
uninstalling the adobe software? What cam I use instead?

-

--

Many thanks
JD
Graham Mayor

There is no essential difference between the formats of Word 2000 and 2003
and most users will find the transition transparent. Applying Word 2003 as
an upgrade will retain your personal settings and templates, but see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/FilesToBackup.htm

Acrobate 7 *reader* has no effecxt on Word. It's only the full version of
Acrobat that is problematical. See
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm