Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fay Zeller Fay Zeller is offline

Default Headers/footers

I use Word 2003.

When I make a template, I put in a header/footer. When I want to use it for
a document, the document does not appear with the header/footer. I have to
go to the View menu to get it to appear. Is there a way to get the
header/footer to appear when I first access the document blank from the
template?
TIA
Fay

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Assuming you are already in Print Layout view, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"Fay Zeller" wrote in message
I use Word 2003.

When I make a template, I put in a header/footer. When I want to use it
for a document, the document does not appear with the header/footer. I
have to go to the View menu to get it to appear. Is there a way to get the
header/footer to appear when I first access the document blank from the
template?
TIA
Fay

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fay Zeller Fay Zeller is offline

Thanks for your reply; however, the white space doesn't seem to enter into
the equation. Yes, I operate in Print Layout view, but unchecking the white
space between pages doesn't bring up the header/footer text. When I want to
do a document from a template, I expect to see the header/footer come up as
well as the text in the document; especially if other people will be using
that same template. Also, I am referring specifically to the first page or a
one-page document.Perhaps you can help me since I've added some more
information
Thank you.
Fay.

"Fay Zeller" wrote in message
I use Word 2003.

When I make a template, I put in a header/footer. When I want to use it
for a document, the document does not appear with the header/footer. I
have to go to the View menu to get it to appear. Is there a way to get
the header/footer to appear when I first access the document blank from
the template?
TIA
Fay

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you have "Different first page" enabled and the First Page Header/Footer
is empty, you won't see header/footer text until you have more than one
page, which you can artificially generate by temporarily inserting a page
break. Or it could be that the header/footer includes fields that aren't
updated on opening. Switching to Print Preview should update them.

http://word.mvps.org

"Fay Zeller" wrote in message
I use Word 2003.

When I make a template, I put in a header/footer. When I want to use it
for a document, the document does not appear with the header/footer. I
have to go to the View menu to get it to appear. Is there a way to get
the header/footer to appear when I first access the document blank from
the template?
TIA
Fay

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Fay Zeller" wrote in message
I use Word 2003.

When I make a template, I put in a header/footer. When I want to use it
for a document, the document does not appear with the header/footer. I
have to go to the View menu to get it to appear. Is there a way to get
the header/footer to appear when I first access the document blank from
the template?
TIA
Fay

footers and headers lost in EP Microsoft Word Help 2 April 1st 08 04:05 PM
Headers and Footers HD Page Layout 1 March 28th 08 08:37 AM
Headers & Footers Trying To Excel Page Layout 2 August 22nd 06 02:46 PM
Headers and Footers ChessNut Microsoft Word Help 1 June 29th 06 07:57 PM
Headers and Footers DMKanz Microsoft Word Help 3 June 23rd 06 07:42 PM