Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ATD ATD is offline

Default Word 2007 Deleting across paragraphs does not delete paragraph mar

If I select from the middle of one paragraph to the middle of another
paragraph and then press Delete, I expect selection to be removed and the
remaining parts of the paragraphs to be merged into one. However, Word 2007
removes the text but inserts a paragraph mark to leave me with two paragraphs
still. This is not how it used to be and not what I want it to be but I can
not find a way to stop it doing this. It's bad enough to have to manually
delete the new paragraph mark, but we have many hundreds of templates
controlled by macros that are being badly affected by this.

How do I stop Word inserting a paragraph mark?