Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] chrizm7@yahoo.com is offline

Default word2007 equations

How do I do a 4x4 matrix in the 2007 math equation editor? 3x3 is the
biggest option they give.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] chrizm7@yahoo.com is offline

Awesome, thanks. I tried the \matrix but when I saw the black square
I didn't know what to do.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To save some effort, you can also just go ahead and insert a 3x3, then
modify the specification in linear mode. Word is nice enough to fill out the
syntax for you, by the way, so you don't need to insert the complete
specification. So, when you see:

(&&@&&@&&)

Just modify it like so, by inserting only &&&@ at the beginning:

(&&&@&&@&&@&&)

and, then right-cick and choose Professional and it's now a 4x4 matrix. If
you right-click and choose Linear, you'll see that Word added the needed
extra &'s:

(&&&@&&&@&&&@&&&)

If you want to edit in the other direction, however, you'd need to manually
delete all of the extra &'s.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
wrote in message
oups.com...
Awesome, thanks. I tried the \matrix but when I saw the black square
I didn't know what to do.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

To tag on an additional note, once you have the matrix the way you want it,
select it, and then at the bottom of the Equation gallery (far left button
on the Design contextual tab for the Equation Tools), click "Save selection
to Equation Gallery" so the next time you need it all you have to do is
insert it from the gallery.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
[...]

wrote in message
oups.com...
Awesome, thanks. I tried the \matrix but when I saw the black square
I didn't know what to do.

Using Word2000 template in Word2007 gr8auntieokie Microsoft Word Help 1 February 8th 07 12:51 AM
My EndNote and word2007 ephesus Microsoft Word Help 2 February 1st 07 04:28 PM
AutoText in Word2007 Greg Maxey Microsoft Word Help 1 June 5th 06 02:48 PM
word2007 gogaiobashvili New Users 3 April 17th 06 07:13 AM
convert pdf equations to editable MS Word equations geocalc Microsoft Word Help 3 February 7th 06 08:49 PM