Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
OMS OMS is offline

Default Print a bank check on my printer

How can I create a bank check template using Office 2003? I want to be able
to design and print my own bank checks. Thank You! OMS
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Not an easy answer. You'd need to be able to create a check that your bank's
equipment can read. And if it can be done, I REALLY doubt that it would be
done with Word.

I'd suggest using Google to see if there's anything out there...but I'd also
suggest just biting the bullet and buy some fancy checks from a printing
company. Probably a whole lot easier. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"OMS" wrote in message
How can I create a bank check template using Office 2003? I want to be
able
to design and print my own bank checks. Thank You! OMS

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

It *was* that simple once upon a what-not, but things have gotten a little
tighter - in fact, this same issue came up here the other day. Your bank
should be able to point you to prefab checks for you to print the details on
*if* the option is supported. It may also depend on locality as far as what
can or can't be done & what is or isn't available.

And you're absolutely correct - Use it along with personal financial
management software, which Word, of course, is not.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"OMS" wrote in message
How can I create a bank check template using Office 2003? I want to be
able
to design and print my own bank checks. Thank You! OMS

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Willett Tom Willett is offline

Especially before these blasted computers came along!!! ;-)

Tom

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
| Everything was simpler in days gone by. :-(
|
| --
|
| JoAnn Paules
| Microsoft MVP - Publisher
|
| How to ask a question
| http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
|

| "CyberTaz" typegeneraltaz1ATcomcastdotnet wrote in message
| It *was* that simple once upon a what-not, but things have gotten a
little
| tighter - in fact, this same issue came up here the other day. Your bank
| should be able to point you to prefab checks for you to print the
details
| on *if* the option is supported. It may also depend on locality as far
as
| what can or can't be done & what is or isn't available.
|
| And you're absolutely correct - Use it along with personal financial
| management software, which Word, of course, is not.
| --
| Regards |:)
| Bob Jones
| [MVP] Office:Mac
|
| "JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
| Not an easy answer. You'd need to be able to create a check that your
| bank's equipment can read. And if it can be done, I REALLY doubt that
it
| would be done with Word.
|
| I'd suggest using Google to see if there's anything out there...but I'd
| also suggest just biting the bullet and buy some fancy checks from a
| printing company. Probably a whole lot easier. ;-)
|
| --
|
| JoAnn Paules
| Microsoft MVP - Publisher
|
| How to ask a question
| http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
|

| "OMS" wrote in message
| How can I create a bank check template using Office 2003? I want to be
| able
| to design and print my own bank checks. Thank You! OMS

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Amen, Brother Tom!!