AMS

Default How do I restore my document margins to the Word default setting?

I changed the margins for a document and accidently selected the "Default"
button, so that now each document defaults to those margin settings. How can
I change the margin settings back to the Word default setting? And if there
is no way to do that, can you tell me what the Word default margin settings
are, so I can manually change it back? Thanks!

One method is to rename Normal.dot (but this will blow away *all* your
customizations). To reset the default, set the following margins and then
click Default... again:

Top: 1"
Bottom: 1"
Left: 1.25"
Right: 1.25"
Header: 0.5"
Footer: 0.5"

The Default... button misleads a lot of people, but if you actually READ the
message you get before saying "Yes," it is made pretty clear what is going
to happen.

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Boiletplates from Word Perfect linda Microsoft Word Help 1 January 28th 05 06:37 PM