Default Formatting text form field - can I make the text wrap?

I'm creating a form (or trying to at least) and want people to put in
paragraph answers - and I want to text to wrap so that it stays within the
margins. When I leave the size unlimited, it just goes in a straight line
and if I try to limit the characters, you can't type in a paragraph. Can
anyone help? Can I even do this?

Thanks,
Anne

Anne Troy

Hi, Anne. Place your form fields in tables.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

" wrote in
message ...
I'm creating a form (or trying to at least) and want people to put in
paragraph answers - and I want to text to wrap so that it stays within the
margins. When I leave the size unlimited, it just goes in a straight line
and if I try to limit the characters, you can't type in a paragraph. Can
anyone help? Can I even do this?

Thanks,
Anne

Hi there. I have placed the form fields in tables and I still have the
problem of the text not wrapping. Is there a way to set my table width?
(That might be a sillly question, but I'm just beginning to learn all of the
ins and outs of Word!)

Thanks,
Anne

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Hi, Anne. Place your form fields in tables.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

" wrote in
message ...
I'm creating a form (or trying to at least) and want people to put in
paragraph answers - and I want to text to wrap so that it stays within the
margins. When I leave the size unlimited, it just goes in a straight line
and if I try to limit the characters, you can't type in a paragraph. Can
anyone help? Can I even do this?

Thanks,
Anne

Graham Mayor

You can drag the borders of the cells. The cell property needs to be set to
wrap (this should be the default setting) and you can lock the width from
table autofit fixed column width.

"
wrote in message
I'm creating a form (or trying to at least) and want people to put
in paragraph answers - and I want to text to wrap so that it stays
within the margins. When I leave the size unlimited, it just goes
in a straight line and if I try to limit the characters, you can't
type in a paragraph. Can anyone help? Can I even do this?

Thanks,
Anne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PH

Try this. Go to TABLE, then TABLE PROPERTIES. Pick the CELL tab, then
OPTIONS. Make sure the WRAP TEXT box is checked. Click Okay, Okay.