Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hermes Hermes is offline

Default Setting default zoom level in Word

When I start Microsoft Word, or open a new page (Control+N), the zoom level
is 200%. How do I set the default level, to say 100%, on Word startup and
when opening a new page?
--
Hermes

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hermes Hermes is offline

Hi Suzanne. I've looked at the MVP reference you kindly provided. I've tried
searching my C drive for Normal.dot using Windows explorer, it does not find
it. I have also looked in Tools-Options-File Locations-User Templates;
this location is empty. Can you suggest how I might find or restore the
Normal.dot template. Many thanks.
--
Hermes

"Hermes" wrote in message
When I start Microsoft Word, or open a new page (Control+N), the zoom

level
is 200%. How do I set the default level, to say 100%, on Word startup and
when opening a new page?
--
Hermes

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Look in the "To make other changes" section of the article at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...alTemplate.htm
for an explanation of how to find normal.dot.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Hermes" wrote in message
When I start Microsoft Word, or open a new page (Control+N), the

zoom
level
is 200%. How do I set the default level, to say 100%, on Word

startup and
when opening a new page?
--
Hermes

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hermes Hermes is offline

Finally I used Windows Explorer to find the templates folder, used right
click to open the Normal.dot file, modified the zoom option on the View menu.
I had to type and delete characters other than blanks and delete them to get
the undo button not greyed out. However the "save" option on the File menu
was not there, Cntrl+S would not work. I closed out of Word and restarted
Word and the zoom level was what I had changed it to. Thanks for your help.
--
Hermes