Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Norton Plug-in (+Norton)

Hi all

I'm going to encourage a client to buy MS Office (prob 2003 from a box) so
that he san see the edits I'm doing in Word from his manuscript (converted
from Works). This will also let him read my schedules in Excel.

1 He already has Norton loaded on his Dell. I have read much on here
about disabling the Norton Word Plug-in. Assuming that the rest of Norton is
good, exactly how to I do this disabling?

2 Also, on my own laptop was some Norton stuff pre-loaded. The laptop
keeps nagging me that I am vulnerable so click on the Norton, presumably to
activate it. Is any payment involved? If not, how long does it last? Have
posters found Nortons to be OK generally (apart from the plug-in)? And
again, how exactly do I disable the Word plug-in?

Thanks all.