Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robin Robin is offline

Default Microsoft Works Language Fix?

Hello all,

First off I hope I am at the right place since I didn't seem to find it.

Second,

Let me explain my story, I have a copy of MS Works. But as I don't use it I
gave it to my girlfriend (who doesnt speak my native language).
So, now we have the problem that MS Works is in a language she can't
understand.
Is there a way to change the language? Like can you download Language files?
Or Translations? Or can I translate it myself?

I hope I can do this, since its quite annoying to get a ring every 3 seconds
asking what a word means

Thanks in advance.

Cheers now,
Robin
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Robin

Robin wrote:
Let me explain my story, I have a copy of MS Works. But as I don't use it I
gave it to my girlfriend (who doesnt speak my native language).
So, now we have the problem that MS Works is in a language she can't
understand.
Is there a way to change the language? Like can you download Language files?
Or Translations? Or can I translate it myself?

I hope I can do this, since its quite annoying to get a ring every 3 seconds
asking what a word means

if Works is designed and sold in the same way as Office, the answer is
unfortunately: no, you're stuck with the language edition you bought
(unless you can return it wherever you bought it and get the edition you
need).

Office comes in a bunch of localized versions, and unless you get very
special Multi Language editions, there's no way to translate the User
Interface. Proofing Tools for other than the edition's languages is
another matter entirely (and depends on version of Office).

I did try to find out something on the Works homepage, but the
"Worldwide" section on
http://www.microsoft.com/products/wo...e/default.mspx seems to
be pretty much useless.

HTH