Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
amo368 amo368 is offline

Default Can you exclude a paragraph/words from spell check?

There used to be a function back in Office XP that you could exclude a set of
highlighted words/paragraph from spellcheck. Does anyone know if that has
been removed or just hidden somehow in the new interface for 2007?

We currently use Word 2007. I have never used this feature but one of my
users said he used this all the time back in the day when typing long
documents and books... Thanks for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] is offline

Hi,

In all the versions of Word that I know, you can select a portion of a
document and press F7. Word will spellcheck only the selected text.

For more information on the spellchecker, see also
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm.
--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

"amo368" wrote:

There used to be a function back in Office XP that you could exclude a set of
highlighted words/paragraph from spellcheck. Does anyone know if that has
been removed or just hidden somehow in the new interface for 2007?

We currently use Word 2007. I have never used this feature but one of my
users said he used this all the time back in the day when typing long
documents and books... Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
amo368 amo368 is offline

That I do know but in previous versions you could actually highlight a
paragraph and exclude it from spell check. I am wondering if that feature is
gone... I'm talking about hundreds of pages in a document, not just a page.

"amo368" wrote:

There used to be a function back in Office XP that you could exclude a set of
highlighted words/paragraph from spellcheck. Does anyone know if that has
been removed or just hidden somehow in the new interface for 2007?

We currently use Word 2007. I have never used this feature but one of my
users said he used this all the time back in the day when typing long
documents and books... Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

I believe this may be what you're referring to:

Select the text to be omitted then go to the Review tab, click the Set
Language button in the Proofing group & check the box for "Do not check
spelling or grammar".

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

news

"amo368" wrote:

There used to be a function back in Office XP that you could exclude a
set of
highlighted words/paragraph from spellcheck. Does anyone know if that
has
been removed or just hidden somehow in the new interface for 2007?

We currently use Word 2007. I have never used this feature but one of
my
users said he used this all the time back in the day when typing long
documents and books... Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can make this easier by defining a No Proofing character style that you
can easily apply to text you don't want spell-checked. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm for more (and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm for instructions to create a
character style).

http://word.mvps.org

"amo368" wrote in message
news
That's it! THanks!

"CyberTaz" wrote:

I believe this may be what you're referring to:

Select the text to be omitted then go to the Review tab, click the Set
Language button in the Proofing group & check the box for "Do not check
spelling or grammar".

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones
Office:Mac MVP

news

"amo368" wrote:

There used to be a function back in Office XP that you could exclude
set of
highlighted words/paragraph from spellcheck. Does anyone know if
that
has
been removed or just hidden somehow in the new interface for 2007?

We currently use Word 2007. I have never used this feature but one
of
my
users said he used this all the time back in the day when typing
long
documents and books... Thanks for any help.

Riverlib Riverlib is offline
Junior Member

CyberTaz, you are my freaking hero!!!! Thanks for the solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberTaz View Post
I believe this may be what you're referring to:

Select the text to be omitted then go to the Review tab, click the Set
Language button in the Proofing group & check the box for "Do not check
spelling or grammar".

--
HTH |
Bob Jones