Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Manu Manu is offline

Default Linking to excel - cant transport files

Hi,
I created two documents in Office 2007. The first is an quote
calculator/generator in excel. The second prints out a pretty quote based on
the values in the excel file. I linked the different values in Word to the
cells in Excel via Paste Special..

Now I want to distribute these two documents as a set so that others can
create quotes and print out the results.

However, it seems that the shortcuts are all absolute and do not link to the
Excel sheet in the same directory. How do I enable these two documents to be
transported together in the same directory?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Manu,

See the macro attached to:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=670027

--
Cheers
macropod

"Manu" wrote in message ...
Hi,
I created two documents in Office 2007. The first is an quote
calculator/generator in excel. The second prints out a pretty quote based on
the values in the excel file. I linked the different values in Word to the
cells in Excel via Paste Special..

Now I want to distribute these two documents as a set so that others can
create quotes and print out the results.

However, it seems that the shortcuts are all absolute and do not link to the
Excel sheet in the same directory. How do I enable these two documents to be
transported together in the same directory?

Thanks!

Linking Word and Excel files to a Master file Asteriod Microsoft Word Help 1 July 15th 08 02:38 AM
Linking Files P. Zicari New Users 7 January 3rd 08 07:54 PM
transport files to word perfect suite 8 notypo Microsoft Word Help 1 May 2nd 07 09:23 PM
Linking to Excel Graeme Crook Microsoft Word Help 1 February 9th 06 04:20 PM
"Transport" my document map to PDF João Correia Page Layout 1 July 8th 05 03:37 PM