Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon Sharon is offline

Default "Paste Link" functionality?

Hi there! I am trying to find out whether Word has a similar function to
Excels Paste Link. I often have projects that borrow content from another
projects content document. I would like to create an auto-correct function
where, once I copy and paste, the borrowed content is automatically updated
in the new content doc if the initial content is updated. How can I create
that functionality and add it to a template?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Sharon

Sharon wrote:
Hi there! I am trying to find out whether Word has a similar function to
Excels Paste Link. I often have projects that borrow content from another
projects content document. I would like to create an auto-correct function
where, once I copy and paste, the borrowed content is automatically updated
in the new content doc if the initial content is updated. How can I create
that functionality and add it to a template?

AutoCorrect is something different in Word, but you can use Paste
Special to past something as a link.

HTH
Robert
--