Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
buddy buddy is offline

Default Open Html using Word

I have one HTML page which has Link to the Image from a Website, I can open
this HTML page with MS Word and saving it as a MS Word Document. But when i
open this word document, with no internet connection the image just shows a
link to the Website and not the image.

Is there any way to save the image in Word Document when i opened and saved
HTML using word. Can i convert this whole HTML into Word so all the Contents
are stored in Word Document.

Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You should be able to download the image separately, by right-clicking it on
the web page and choosing Save Picture As (or a similar command, depending on
which browser you are using). Then add it to the document that you have saved
locally on your hard disk.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Buddy" wrote:

I have one HTML page which has Link to the Image from a Website, I can open
this HTML page with MS Word and saving it as a MS Word Document. But when i
open this word document, with no internet connection the image just shows a
link to the Website and not the image.

Is there any way to save the image in Word Document when i opened and saved
HTML using word. Can i convert this whole HTML into Word so all the Contents
are stored in Word Document.

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Buddy wrote:
I have one HTML page which has Link to the Image from a Website, I can open
this HTML page with MS Word and saving it as a MS Word Document. But when i
open this word document, with no internet connection the image just shows a
link to the Website and not the image.

Is there any way to save the image in Word Document when i opened and saved
HTML using word. Can i convert this whole HTML into Word so all the Contents
are stored in Word Document.

Word (at least 2007, and some earlier versions as well IIRC) offers an
HTML export in one file.

Alternatively, you can break the link while you have the file open in
Word. In 2007, that would be via Office button | Prepare | Edit links.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |