Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
don don is offline

Default How do I keep a doc from showing Formatting indicators when opened

Every time I open a document that I have worked on previously the formating
marks show up on the right side. I have to go to Review-Show
Markup-Formatting and uncheck it t ohide them. I've already gone to work
options and unchecked the Show all formating marks checkbox. Even after I
turn off the marks, save the document and then reopen it they show up again.
How do I keep from having these marks shoing up every time?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

What you're referring to is not "formatting marks" but Markup which appears
as a result of using the Track Changes feature in the document. You'll find
complete details he

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html

--
HTH |:)