Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jeffrey Kaplan Jeffrey Kaplan is offline

Default move the Ribbon in W'07?

Is there a way to either move the Ribbon in '07 version of Word, etc,
to either a vertical orientation along the side or as a floating bar? I
know I can minimize it, but I would prefer to move it.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org
Double ROT13 encoded for your protection

Peter's Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord, #34.
I will not turn into a snake. It never helps.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Well, *anything* is "possible" as the expression goes :-) but there is no
option within the programs. Anything of that nature would have to be
accomplished by way of external means of a radical nature... You're talking
about reprogramming a user interface of a very complex nature.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Jeffrey Kaplan" wrote in message
Is there a way to either move the Ribbon in '07 version of Word, etc,
to either a vertical orientation along the side or as a floating bar? I
know I can minimize it, but I would prefer to move it.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org
Double ROT13 encoded for your protection

Peter's Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord, #34.
I will not turn into a snake. It never helps.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Previously on microsoft.public.word.pagelayout, CyberTaz said:

Well, *anything* is "possible" as the expression goes :-) but there is no
option within the programs. Anything of that nature would have to be
accomplished by way of external means of a radical nature... You're talking
about reprogramming a user interface of a very complex nature.

Ok, so there is no useable or practical way without writing my own
software.

I'll have to live with minimizing it, then.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org
Double ROT13 encoded for your protection

"I won't bite, Vir." "With all due respect, madam. That's not what
I've heard." "all right, that +one+ time." "It was twice." (Timov
and Vir Coto, B5 "Soul Mates")