Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lori Lori is offline

Default How do I get the picture background as one and not tiled?

I am using a photo for a page background. It looks great on-screen, but when
I print it or convert it to a pdf file, it shows the picture tiled throughout
the page. How to I instruct the file to show the photo as one background and
not tiled?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No guarantees, but two things that sometimes work:
1. In Word 2007, try turning off "print in background" in Office
Button | Word Options | Advanced. Or in Word 2003 or earlier,
try turning off "background printing" in Tools | Options | Print.
2. In Windows, try turning off print spooling and/or advanced
text services in Start | Control Panel | Printers | right-click
on your printer | Properties.

Otherwise, try printing to a different printer.

Lori wrote:
I am using a photo for a page background. It looks great on-screen, but when
I print it or convert it to a pdf file, it shows the picture tiled throughout
the page. How to I instruct the file to show the photo as one background and
not tiled?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

I believe you'll do much better if you insert the image as a Watermark, not
as a Background. Backgrounds are really not intended for anything other than
on-screen/web page use, especially if your version is earlier than 2007.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones