Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SB Mull SB Mull is offline

Default Input speed

I am an experienced user of Word and recently installed 2007. I find that my
input speed has slowed a lot since switching to the new version. Are there
options I can turn off, such as auto correct during typing, that will help
with the problem? I have 1 gig memory and plenty of unused disk space.
--
Sandra
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I think the most likely drag on performance is the new "contextual
spelling" feature. This tries to warn you when you're using a word
that's correctly spelled (exists in the dictionary) but is the wrong
word for the context -- for example, "their" instead of "there".

If you're a good typist and sure of your grasp of grammar and
homonyms, go to Word Options Proofing and uncheck "Use contextual
spelling". If that doesn't help, also turn off "Check spelling as you
type" and remember to run a manual spell-check (F7) occasionally.

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 10:29:00 -0800, SB Mull
wrote:

I am an experienced user of Word and recently installed 2007. I find that my
input speed has slowed a lot since switching to the new version. Are there
options I can turn off, such as auto correct during typing, that will help
with the problem? I have 1 gig memory and plenty of unused disk space.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman