Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jdavids

Default How can I change format color in WORD from shading to solid color

The color option in WORD [Windows XP] goes from black to what ever color is
chosen. How can i change this to just a uniform solid color?

In all of the text in WORD the colors are always shaded from dark to light.
I want it as a sold color woith out shading.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jdavids

Default How can I change format color in WORD from shading to solid co

In WORD go to FORMAT and then to FONTS.
There is an option for FONT COLOR.

In the box it shows the selected color. Originally the color was uniform
from left to right.

Now the color goes from almost black on the left to the normal shade in the
center to a ligher shade to the right.

In the text of a word document any color show the same shift in color. If a
word is underlined in green, under the first few letters it will be black
then fading into the proper green color in ther middle of the word and then
into a very light green at the end of the word.

I do not want this fading effect.

"jdavids" wrote in message
The color option in WORD [Windows XP] goes from black to what ever color

is
chosen. How can i change this to just a uniform solid color?

In all of the text in WORD the colors are always shaded from dark to

light.
I want it as a sold color woith out shading.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It sounds to me as if a color effect has been selected, but AFAIK, this is
available only for WordArt. Are you sure this is ordinary text? What version
of Word is this?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I think you're going to have to give us more detail. Where are you

trying to
set the font color?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.