Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shelly

Default Need help saving a document.

I am trying to save a word document for a school assignment and the program
keeps popping up an error message stating "Word cannot complete the save due
to a file permission error."
I have never seen this error before and am using the same format that I
always use when naming my assignments. Does anyone have any ideas how I can
get past this error and continue saving my work?? Any help will be very
greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Have you tried saving to a different folder or location?
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Shelly" wrote in message
I am trying to save a word document for a school assignment and the program
keeps popping up an error message stating "Word cannot complete the save
due
to a file permission error."
I have never seen this error before and am using the same format that I
always use when naming my assignments. Does anyone have any ideas how I
can
get past this error and continue saving my work?? Any help will be very
greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Possibly one of the following articles will help:

"You receive a 'Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission
error' error message when you save a document on Index Server"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=311153

"WD2000: Error Message 'Word Cannot Complete the Save' When You Save
Document Opened in Internet Explorer"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=251474

"You receive an error message or the program stops responding when you try
save a file in Word 2002 and in Word 2003"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291178

"You receive an error message when you try to save a Word 2002 or 2003
document on a Novell NetWare Server"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=305323