Margaret Aldis

Default TOC Right aligned numbers problem

The character formatting for Heading 1 and Heading 2 should have no effect
on the TOC formatting provided you have it set via the style, and not
applied it directly to the heading text.

If there is still a problem after you have checked/fixed that, then the most
likely cause would be incorrect tab settings or right indent on the TOC 1
and TOC 2 styles. Since these styles are set by default to 'automatically
update' (i.e. style changes to match format editing), it's possible you
accidentally moved one of these settings in the ruler.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"John Smith" wrote in message
Here's my doc's situation: I want all page numbers to align to the right.
Header 1 and Header 2 are used to build the contents of the TOC.
In the TOC, the page numbers are not aligned perfectly on the right. I

think
the reason is that the font used for Heading 1 has character spacing set

"expanded, 1.6 pt." and the font used for Heading 2 has character spacing
set to "expanded, .2 pt.". In the TOC, the page numbers for Heading 1 are
not quite as far to the right as Heading 2 page numbers.
I would really like to keep the font formatting the way it is. Could

anyone
suggest how I can get the page numbers to line up and get rid of the

slight
zig-zag effect?