Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Uddhava Uddhava is offline

Default How to replace or delete foreign characters

Dear all,

I have copied some text from the web http://www.brillonline.nl/public/iman
which includes some words transliterated from Arabic. These words include a
few characters outside those used by my keyboard. One of these characters is
a kind of apostrophe in the web original but is rendered in Word as a
rectangular block. I can't even show you here because when I paste the block
from Word it appears in this text box as an apostrophe (as intended in the
original).

There are hundreds of these rectangular characters scattered throughout my
document. I would like to either replace them with an apostrophe or just
delete them. I can't use 'Find and Replace' to do this because when it asks
me what I am looking for, my keyboard is not able to type it!

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You might try selecting the character and opening the Find dialog; you may
find it already in the "Find what" box; if not, use Ctrl+C to copy it and
Ctrl+V to paste it into the Find dialog. See also
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...aceSymbols.htm

news