Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nancy B. Nancy B. is offline

Default Word 2007 -- Status bar missing

One of my users is missing the status bar in Word 2007 and I can't find any
documentation or place to turn this back on. All information seems to
indicate that it cannot be turned off; however, this is clearly not the case.
Swift assistance would be most appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Does the user have Word as a Window rather than full screen and the status
bar is present but off the bottom of the screen area?

If not, does a macro containing the following line fix it?

Application.DisplayStatusBar = True

Nancy B. wrote:
One of my users is missing the status bar in Word 2007 and I can't
find any documentation or place to turn this back on. All
information seems to indicate that it cannot be turned off; however,
this is clearly not the case. Swift assistance would be most
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nancy B.[_2_] Nancy B.[_2_] is offline

Graham, thanks for the info. The problem turned out to be something to do
with a bad hard drive/installation which caused other issues as well.