Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bec Bec is offline

Default table of contents heading formats

I'm trying to make a table of contents and understand how to do so in
Word...but here's the problem I'm running into....

The section of text I want to add into the table of contents has different
font formats. For example, my heading is Chapter 1: Intoduction. I want
"chapter 1:" to be bolded and "introduction" to be not bolded. But when I
apply a heading or create my own heading, it bolds the whole thing.

Is there a way to make part of the heading bold and part of it not bold so
that it appears bold/not bold in the TOC?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If "Chapter #" is number formatting, then you can make it bold and leave the
rest of the paragraph not bold. The article at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html describes
how to create and modify heading numbering in Word 97-2003. Although the
general principles still apply if you are using Word 2007, the specific
steps are a bit different. Post back if you need further assistance.

On the other hand, if you type in the heading text and number, you will have
to format the text manually; direct formatting will be reflected in the
table of contents.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP