john

Default Autocad

Why is it so difficult/impossible to place Autocad files into MS Word?
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi John,

MS provided support for inserting Autocad graphics
through AutoCAD vR12. Autodesk changed the format
of their files after that and promised, but apparently
never got around to providing the filter needed to
allow Word to import newer versions of the database
structured files, choosing instead to go with WMF export.

The R12 version filter was basically written in 1993
and retired by MS in 2003.

=========
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx

Angelo Campanella

john wrote:

Why is it so difficult/impossible to place Autocad files into MS Word?

I have had the same problem. I have managed to do it, but the result,
when I can get it, is marginal. The scale is odd. The drawing ends up
being smaller than I like, and the lines are all so very fine that only
perfect xeroxing and printing is legible. Tell us more if you find it.

Angelo Campanella