Koreth

Default How do I change the most used fonts listed in the font box?

In MS Word, there is a box which lists available fonts available for use in
documents. At the top of this list is a group of (I assume) commonly used or
recently used fonts. How can I delete this list or edit it so my favorite
fonts are listed at the top?

There is a Registry key that governs the font MRU list. You can edit it
using one of the macros in the Support.dot template in Word 2002. See "How
to install and use the Support.dot template in Word 2002" at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289506.

"Koreth" wrote in message
In MS Word, there is a box which lists available fonts available for use

in
documents. At the top of this list is a group of (I assume) commonly used

or
recently used fonts. How can I delete this list or edit it so my favorite
fonts are listed at the top?

Word 2000 has a Support9.dot template, which includes a macro to edit
various Registry options, including the font MRU list (you can just turn it
off or on). For more, see "WD2000: How to Turn off the Font Most Recently
Used (MRU) List" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=199785, which also
includes instructions for editing the Registry directly.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There is a Registry key that governs the font MRU list. You can edit it
using one of the macros in the Support.dot template in Word 2002. See

"How
to install and use the Support.dot template in Word 2002" at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289506.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.