Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gogo gogo is offline

Default How do I turn off auto numbering or auto hyperlink?

Hi. When I type an email address, Word automatically turns it blue &
underlines it (turns it into a link.) How can I turn off this feature, (so it
leaves the address black, not underlined, with no link to open a mail
message?)

Also, sometimes I need to number music selections out of order, like:
Symphony
I. 1st movement
V. 5th movement
Since the '5th movement' is second in a list, Word will try to automatically
number it "II." I have trouble deleting this; it comes back any time I try to
edit. Any way to turn this feature off, so it leaves my typing as is?
(p.s. using Word 11.2 2004, Mac OSX)
Thanks very much.
RJ

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi RJ,

See Tools | AutoCorrect | AutoFormat As You Type. That's the source of both
your problems. You probably want to uncheck most of the boxes in the
dialog.

Just by the way, there is also a MacWord newsgroup--this question has the
same answer for both Mac and WinWord, but not all questions do.

See here for Google/Entourage gateway to newsgroups for MacWord, MacExcel,
and other MS programs for the Mac:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/community/community.aspx?pid=newsgroups

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gogo gogo is offline

Sorry it took me a while to get back.... But you nailed it. Thanks!