Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Updating template from doc OR doc from template

If I tweak styles in my document and sometimes forget to click "Add to
template", is there a way to tell Word "Add all my template-ish changes to
the template"?

If I've been tweaking styles in the template, is there a way to tell Word
"Modify this document to obey the latest version of the template"? Or at
least "Modify a particular style, or maybe all the heading styles, to obey
the template"?

--
Christopher Brewster
Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com wrote:
If I tweak styles in my document and sometimes forget to click "Add to
template", is there a way to tell Word "Add all my template-ish changes to
the template"?

You can use the Organizer to copy styles from a document into a template
(under Tools, maybe Tools | Macros, also available thru Tools |
Templates and Add-ins).
If I've been tweaking styles in the template, is there a way to tell Word
"Modify this document to obey the latest version of the template"? Or at
least "Modify a particular style, or maybe all the heading styles, to obey
the template"?

If you go to Tools | Templates and Add-Ins, it will show the attached
template for that document. If you check the "update styles" box there,
the document will pull the current style definitions from the attached
template. Don't circulate a document with that box checked, though, or
it might pull all the style definitions from the Normal.dot of the
person you send it to.

See the more detailed info he
http://shaunakelly.com/word/template...ons/index.html
http://shaunakelly.com/word/attachtemplate/index.html