Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jeckylhyde3 jeckylhyde3 is offline

Default Page number displays in code when previewing or printing

When I assign a page number using the "add page number" command, the numbers
in the example dialog boxes appear in code (as listed below), but will appear
as numbers as I'm creating the document (in Word 2007) after I choose an
example. When I preview my work in print preview or actually print my
document or any other documents sent to me with page numbers, this appears on
the paper where the number should be:

( PAGE / *MERGEFORMAT )

Is there a way to correct this in word 2007 so in the examples it shows the
numbers but not the code and so when I print out my pages they also show the
number and not the code?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Click the Office button and then click Word Options. In the Advanced
category, clear the "Print field codes instead of their values" option
(found under "Print").

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jeckylhyde3" wrote in message
When I assign a page number using the "add page number" command, the
numbers
in the example dialog boxes appear in code (as listed below), but will
appear
as numbers as I'm creating the document (in Word 2007) after I choose an
example. When I preview my work in print preview or actually print my
document or any other documents sent to me with page numbers, this appears
on
the paper where the number should be:

( PAGE / *MERGEFORMAT )

Is there a way to correct this in word 2007 so in the examples it shows
the
numbers but not the code and so when I print out my pages they also show
the
number and not the code?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Actually, Alt+F9 just toggles the *display* of field codes.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP