Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aislinn Gettings Aislinn Gettings is offline

Default Contract Writing

I have recently started working at a Construction company and they have
decided that I will be writing the contracts that go out to our customers.
The problem is there are so many pieces to these contracts some parts are the
exact same some vary by the type of construction some vary by the customer. I
know there has to be an easier way to do this but I am not even sure how to
ask what I want. So here I go...
1. We are a tennis construction company and there are about five different
surfaces. Asphalt, Post Tension Concrete, Har Tru, Clay, Hydro Grid and
Synthetic Grass.
2. Each proposal can change by how much the owner is responsible for, ie
subbase, excavation, and by type of fence, how many courts,
3. Then a contract can change by options, back board, roller, cushion
surfaces.
4. Then there are the things that are the same ie acceptance but, I don't
want to go into all my templates and change a word if something changes over
the years.
5. Also there are our repairs and reconstruction
6. Right now I have about 45 "templates" and thats less than half.
So..my questions
1. Is there a place to put this and link the stuff that is always the same
to 5 templates and changes it once and it changes them all?
2. Is there a way to pull it all together? Is there a way to "code" it all
and pull it together that way?

Let me know if I am making any sense and thanks in advance for you help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It sounds as if some of the components of the contracts could be dropdown
lists (either form fields or AutoTextList fields; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm). You could also use
AutoText entries to insert boilerplate about the specific conditions. For
anything that is likely to change, you could use an IncludeText field; see
http://daiya.mvps.org/includetext.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"Aislinn Gettings" wrote in
message ...