Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default How do I change the starting format back to the US style?

I recently installed MS Word and found all docs that i creat start with i
believe East Asian Format. How do i go about changing it so that i may be
able use Word in the US format
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jeff" wrote:

I recently installed MS Word and found all docs that i creat start with i
believe East Asian Format. How do i go about changing it so that i may be
able use Word in the US format

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeff Jeff is offline

Hmm...

I did what it said, but i still have CM instend of IN in the rulers and the
paper setting is A4 instead of Letter.

"jeff" wrote:

I recently installed MS Word and found all docs that i creat start with i
believe East Asian Format. How do i go about changing it so that i may be
able use Word in the US format

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Well, did you also try this: On the File menu, click Page Setup. Choose the
desired paper format. Click the Default button. This modifies the current
document and saves the changes to the attached template. When/if you are
prompted to save the template, choose to do so.

To change the unit of measurement, use the General tab of the Tools |
Options dialog box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jeff" wrote:

I recently installed MS Word and found all docs that i creat start with i
believe East Asian Format. How do i go about changing it so that i may be
able use Word in the US format

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeff Jeff is offline

I have changed the settings and i still have CM in the rulers. I printed a
test page and the borders are also not right.

Could it be with the fact that I am in Korea and Word is adjusting for east
asian styles

"jeff" wrote:

I recently installed MS Word and found all docs that i creat start with i
believe East Asian Format. How do i go about changing it so that i may be
able use Word in the US format

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

It is possible that the language version of Word/Windows makes a
difference; obviously, it does for the *initial* settings. One would
think that you should be allowed to change the settings, though.

Are you sure that normal.dot is saving properly? After you've changed
the paper format, margins, etc. you can force a save by holding Shift
as you click the File menu; Word displays Save All. Click the option
in order to save all open documents and loaded templates. This should
work, unless normal.dot is replaced on each login (for example, by
some nasty login script).

For the unit of measurement problem, see
http://gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jeff" wrote:

I recently installed MS Word and found all docs that i creat

start with i
believe East Asian Format. How do i go about changing it so

that i may be
able use Word in the US format

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

After settling the language issue as described at
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm, for the "character
units" issue, see http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm. For the paper
size, make sure that you have Letter selected in the printer Properties. You
can also change the default page setup as follows: In a new document based
on Normal.dot, without making any other changes, make any desired changes to
the paper size, margins, etc., click Default..., and answer yes. For more,
see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm

"jeff" wrote in message
I recently installed MS Word and found all docs that i creat start with i
believe East Asian Format. How do i go about changing it so that i may be
able use Word in the US format

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

This is a good summary of what I have been trying to say in multiple
messages. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
After settling the language issue as described at
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm, for the

"character
units" issue, see http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm. For the

paper
size, make sure that you have Letter selected in the printer

Properties. You
can also change the default page setup as follows: In a new document

based
on Normal.dot, without making any other changes, make any desired

changes to
the paper size, margins, etc., click Default..., and answer yes. For

more,
see

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm

newsgroup so