Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George

Default Get normal.dot warning when close WordXP

Hello, I'm using WordXP (2003) on a WinXP-pro PC. Now, when I close Word
down, I often (but not always) get this error message:

/!\ Changes have been made that affect the global template, Normal.dot.
Do you want to save those changes?
[Yes] [No] [Cancel]

I've been answering "no" until figure out what's going on

I don't (yet) have a corrletion of exactly what was done when I see this
error upon closing...but I used to "never" get this error... it just started
a few days ago...haven't installed any software or anything.

I start documents different ways... sometimes double click the file,
sometimes open Word and do File Open, sometimes I just use Start My
Recent Documents. Don't know if that has anything to do with it. I also
have Adboe Acrobat, and sometimes make pdf's. And have 2 printers on a
network. Just throwing out some things in case something triggers an idea.

Would appreciate any suggestions,
Thanks,
George