Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roland Will Roland Will is offline

Default How do I fix "Not responding" in Word & Excel 2007?

Having problems launching both Word & Excel 2007 as they lock up and leave an
error message "Not Responding". (email )
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For the Word issues, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Roland Will" wrote:

Having problems launching both Word & Excel 2007 as they lock up and leave an
error message "Not Responding". (email )

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bruphy bruphy is offline

I believe I found the answer to the 'not responding' in Word 2007. When the
installation was being done it asked if I wanted to do the updates for
Microsoft Office 2007 and I said yes. One of those updates was 'Office live
add-on 1.4.
In the article contributed by Graham Moyer add-ons is mentioned as a
possilble problem. I found the above add-on in the Programs and Features
folder in Control Panel and uninstalled it. Since then my Word 2007 is
working. Hopefully it will keep working!! Thought this might help someone
with the same problem with Microsoft Word 2007 and Vista.

"Roland Will" wrote:

Having problems launching both Word & Excel 2007 as they lock up and leave an
error message "Not Responding". (email )

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
oneillmw oneillmw is offline

I did an uninstall for the Office live add-on 1.4 and I can now open MS Word
& Excel 2007. Seems like it is working now!

"Roland Will" wrote:

Having problems launching both Word & Excel 2007 as they lock up and leave an
error message "Not Responding". (email )

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert Quintela Robert Quintela is offline

"Roland Will" wrote:

Having problems launching both Word & Excel 2007 as they lock up and leave an
error message "Not Responding". (email )- Hide quoted text -

Thank you for your posting, My 2007 Excel was locking up after MS
Update, sure enough microsoft office live add on 1.4 was listed in the
update, I removed it .....and it all works again !

Respectfully,
Robert Quintela