Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Mc

Default show bookmark names in document

I need to see the name of all the bookmarks I have in a document, in the text
where they appear. I have a macro that gives me a list of all of the
bookmarks actually used in the document, but I need a macro or some way that
when I print the document, the bookmark and its name print out as well. Does
anyone know how I can get this done? I'm using Word 2002.
--
Thanks,
Beth
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QmV0aCBNYw==?=,

I need to see the name of all the bookmarks I have in a document, in the text
where they appear. I have a macro that gives me a list of all of the
bookmarks actually used in the document, but I need a macro or some way that
when I print the document, the bookmark and its name print out as well. Does
anyone know how I can get this done? I'm using Word 2002.

Well... you could use a macro to insert the bookmarkname's INTO the bookmarks.
That would really be pretty much the only way. You could format the names as
"hidden text". The only other thing I can think of would be to insert them as
comments, so you'd get a little line pointing to a box in the document margin.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Mc

Cindy:
Any idea on what that macro would look like? I'm kind of a newbie when it
comes to creating my own macros (I usually find ones on the 'net and copy and
paste).
--
Thanks,
Beth

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?QmV0aCBNYw==?=,

I need to see the name of all the bookmarks I have in a document, in the text
where they appear. I have a macro that gives me a list of all of the
bookmarks actually used in the document, but I need a macro or some way that
when I print the document, the bookmark and its name print out as well. Does
anyone know how I can get this done? I'm using Word 2002.

Well... you could use a macro to insert the bookmarkname's INTO the bookmarks.
That would really be pretty much the only way. You could format the names as
"hidden text". The only other thing I can think of would be to insert them as
comments, so you'd get a little line pointing to a box in the document margin.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QmV0aCBNYw==?=,

Any idea on what that macro would look like?

Roughly, it could look something like this

Sub CreateBookmarkNames()
Dim bkm As Word.Bookmark
Dim rng As Word.Range

For Each bkm In ActiveDocument.Bookmarks
Set rng = bkm.Range
rng.Collapse
rng.Text = bkm.Name
rng.Bold = True
Next
End Sub

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 8 2004)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

macro recorded in one document doesn't show up in a new document DTerence Microsoft Word Help 5 July 6th 09 01:31 AM
Hyperlink field codes show up in document Rick Microsoft Word Help 6 April 22nd 05 06:51 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
HELP! 2000 Word main document doesn't show merge codes in Word 200 patlh Mailmerge 1 March 22nd 05 09:01 PM
mail merge-can't view names on document jadenzack Mailmerge 1 January 16th 05 12:31 AM