Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
No Name

Default New Bug (Word 2003) - Record number shortened to 2 characters in Mailmerge

This has been introduced recently but not sure in which hotfix/service pack.
It is happening to multiple clients across multiple sites. When looking at
the record number in the mailmerge toolbar, only the first two characters
show. So for example 110 will show as 11, 1200 as 12. Customizing the
toolbar and making the text box wider has no effect.

This issue has been reported widely on the Net but I have yet to find a
solution.

Any ideas:

JJ

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It was the SP3 update, and there isn't a solution short of uninstalling and
re-installing without the SP3 update.

JJO wrote:
This has been introduced recently but not sure in which
hotfix/service pack. It is happening to multiple clients across
multiple sites. When looking at the record number in the mailmerge
toolbar, only the first two characters show. So for example 110 will
show as 11, 1200 as 12. Customizing the toolbar and making the text
box wider has no effect.
This issue has been reported widely on the Net but I have yet to find
a solution.

Any ideas:

JJ

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
No Name

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
It was the SP3 update, and there isn't a solution short of uninstalling
and re-installing without the SP3 update.

Actually - on one of our sites it has happened and they are not on SP3 yet.
So I think it's one of the post SP2 hotfxes too.

As a known issue I'm surprissed that MS haven't at least issued a KB about
it.

JJO wrote:
This has been introduced recently but not sure in which
hotfix/service pack. It is happening to multiple clients across
multiple sites. When looking at the record number in the mailmerge
toolbar, only the first two characters show. So for example 110 will
show as 11, 1200 as 12. Customizing the toolbar and making the text
box wider has no effect.
This issue has been reported widely on the Net but I have yet to find
a solution.

Any ideas:

JJ

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

SP3 is essentially a roundup of post SP2 fixes, so yes you are right. I have
not personally updated beyond SP2 for this reason. Whether Microsoft sees
this as a priority for a fix I wouldn't know.