Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jase Hinde Jase Hinde is offline

Default How to customise my word

I use mail merge at work and i was trying to improve our system. I think
there is a way of doing what we need, but i dont know how and would
appriciate your help. when we open a standard letter, we have to manually
find any places where a word needs to be entered. It would be good if word
asked us what to type in, with a description. E.G

Please enter the name o f your client.

Then when we typed the name of our client in the box, it would transfer to
the place on the letter we wanted it.

After asking this, it would then ask the next question, then the next
question untill they are all completed.

Kind Regards Jason
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What you need is a userform, which is better than what you are suggesting as
it can provide controls into which the user can enter all of the information
in the one go and then when they click on the command button on the form,
the information will be transferred to the appropriate places in the
document.

See the article "How to create a Userform" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jase Hinde" Jase wrote in message
I use mail merge at work and i was trying to improve our system. I think
there is a way of doing what we need, but i dont know how and would
appriciate your help. when we open a standard letter, we have to manually
find any places where a word needs to be entered. It would be good if
word
asked us what to type in, with a description. E.G

Please enter the name o f your client.

Then when we typed the name of our client in the box, it would transfer to
the place on the letter we wanted it.

After asking this, it would then ask the next question, then the next
question untill they are all completed.

Kind Regards Jason

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I would think Macrobutton fields are the best way to handle this
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm

See also http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

Jase Hinde wrote:
I use mail merge at work and i was trying to improve our system. I
think there is a way of doing what we need, but i dont know how and
would appriciate your help. when we open a standard letter, we have
to manually find any places where a word needs to be entered. It
would be good if word asked us what to type in, with a description.
E.G

Please enter the name o f your client.

Then when we typed the name of our client in the box, it would
transfer to the place on the letter we wanted it.

After asking this, it would then ask the next question, then the next
question untill they are all completed.

Kind Regards Jason

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Russell Profitt[_2_] Russell Profitt[_2_] is offline

What version of Word are you using. I believe using Fill-in fields what work
for you. If you let me know what version of Word you are using I will tell
you how to use Fill-in fields.