Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
John A[_2_] John A[_2_] is offline

Default Multiple pages in a booklet

I am trying to create a booklet. When I try to insert a template as a page
this template shows on all pages. I cannot insert any other pages. How can I
create multiple pages using inserted files?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hello John

John A wrote:
I am trying to create a booklet. When I try to insert a template as a page
this template shows on all pages. I cannot insert any other pages. How can I
create multiple pages using inserted files?

I can't imagine what "insert a template as a page" means. What exactly
are you trying to achieve, and how do you go about it?

Keep in mind that "template" in Word means something very specific (a
file with *.dot or *.dotx/*.dotm extension), and a document can only be
based on one template.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Janet Janet is offline

Default Printing numbers in a booklet

I have exactly the same situation and question. HELP ! ! !

"Pam" wrote:

I've got word 2007 and for the life of me I can't figure out how to print
#'s where I want them - I have the cover page, a blank page and then the
booklet begins...so it basically starts page 1 on the 3rd page - how do I
get the #'s to start where I want them to start?

Is there a decent 101 booklet/url that I can figure out the ins and outs of
word 2007 and booklets?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Use the following field construction at the location where you want the page
numbers to appear

{ IF { PAGE } 2 { = { PAGE } - 2 } }

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters { } and you use
Alt+F9 to toggle off their display

Another way is to insert a Next Page Section Break on Page 2 so that Page 3
is the first page of a new Section and then insert the page number field
into the header/footer of that Section, which you need to have unlinked from
the header/footer in the first Section of the document and format the page
numbers so that they start at 1, rather than continue from the previous
section.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.